25th Anniversary ³Matrix of Leadership² Edition Collector¹s Set Arrives in Stores October 20, 2009 from Shout! Factory Featuring 16 DVDs, 98 Restored Episodes, Payload of Bonus Content, Exclusive Voice Cast Reunion, A Collectible 60-Page Book, AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON
Magnets and Much More!
The epic story of good vs. evil that sparked the imaginations of fans worldwide finally arrives in a collectible, out-of-this-world, box set. Witness the digitally-restored battles between the heroic AUTOBOTS and the evil DECEPTICONS as the fate of the Earth hangs in the balance. For the first time in 25 years, fans of all ages will be able to own the complete collection of one of the most popular animated series of all time THE
TRANSFORMERS: 25th Anniversary ³Matrix of Leadership² Edition from Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Hasbro, Inc.
Brimming with over 38 hours of content, including the entire original TRANSFORMERS animation series from the early 1980s known among fans as ³Generation 1², a bounty of stellar extras, a special collectible 60-page book, and AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICON Magnets, this 16-DVD box set is another fan must have. THE TRANSFORMERS: 25th Anniversary ³Matrix of Leadership² Edition Collector¹s Set will be available at retail stores nationwide
beginning on October 20, 2009.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Five retrospective featurettes including brand new, in-depth interviews with individuals involved with the early success of the TRANSFORMERS franchise. Two of these featurettes are exclusive to this set including a conversation with comic writer Bob Budiansky and a voice cast reunion. The reunion features Jack Angel (RAMJET), Michael Bell (PROWL), Gregg Berger (GRIMLOCKI), Aurthur Burghardt (DEVASTATOR), Corey Burton (Spike Witwicky), Richard Gautier (RODIMUS PRIME), Neil Ross (SLAG), Frank Welker (MEGATRON)
- Two concept art galleries
- Archival Hasbro toy commercials
- All 98 episodes of dialogue scripts. Three full scripts, with original
handwritten notes, including ³Transport To Oblivion², ³STARSCREAM¹S Brigade²
and ³The Revenge of BRUTICUS
- 5 rare PSAs
- From the Files of Teletraan-2
- Fan Art Gallery
- An animated fan film entitled TRANSFORMERS: Generation
Four million years after crash-landing on an unfamiliar planet, sentient
robots with the ability to disguise themselves as common vehicles awaken on
present-day Earth. Engaged in a crucial race to find a new energy source for
their home planet of Cybertron, Optimus Prime and the heroic Autobots must
defend the innocent people of Earth against their archnemeses, Megatron and
the power-hungry Decepticons.
Check out our detailed review of the Matrix of Leadership Boxset.