Machinima Titans Return Details Emerge - More Episodes, More Pro Voice Actors, More YouTube Stars, November Release
has posted the first details about Machinima's Titans Return
series, and they're encouraging. Joining the original series' cast of internet celebrities are some established voice actors - most notably Peter Cullen
himself stepping in as Optimus Prime and Judd Nelson
returning as Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime! The series - slated to begin in November - will also feature more and longer episodes than its predecessor, Combiner Wars.
Keep reading for the specifics!
Titans Return debuts this November on go90 worldwide – except in China, where it airs on Sohu.com. The series features 10 episodes at approximately 11 minutes per episode.
Picking up right where the destruction of the Combiner Wars left off, TITANS RETURN takes the action of the Prime Wars Trilogy to new ‘heights,’ and features return appearances from many fan-favorite Transformers characters as well as introduces new Autobots and Decepticons. In the series, enormous Transformers called Titans are awakened and these massive characters bring massive problems. Trypticon, a gigantic lizard-like Transformer, rises to wreak havoc on Cybertron, while Windblade and a rag-tag team of Transformers must resurrect an ancient ally. Not all Transformers will survive, as beloved heroes are changed forever while others’ sparks are blown to oblivion. Like Combiner Wars, sophisticated storytelling reveals more than meets the eye for older audiences and kids of all ages when a sinister secret is discovered.
TITANS RETURN is being overseen by Executive Producer and showrunner FJ DeSanto.
• Peter Cullen (OPTIMUS PRIME): The original Optimus Prime from the Transformers animated television series.
• Judd Nelson (RODIMUS PRIME / HOT ROD): The famed actor from The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo’s Fire reprising roles from the 1986 animated Transformers movie.
• Michael Dorn (FORTRESS MAXIMUX): Starred in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
• Wil Wheaton (PERCEPTOR): Star of Big Bang Theory and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
• Jason David Frank (EMISSARY): Original Green Ranger from the Power Rangers TV series.
• Nolan North (METROPLEX): Iconic voice actor featured in Uncharted, Halo, and Assassins Creed video games.
• MatPat (COMPUTRON): YouTube influencer and creator of the web series Game Theorist, Film Theorist, GT Live and MatPat’s Game Lab.
• DashieGames (MENASOR): Popular YouTube gamer with more than 6 million subscribers.
• Rob Dyke (DEVASTATOR): YouTube influencer best known for Seriously Strange.
• Tay Zonday (CHORUS OF THE PRIMES): Viral and award winning YouTube sensation known for his ‘Chocolate Rain’ video
• Abby Trott (WINDBLADE): Voice over actress with credits including video games Halo Wars 2 and Killer Instinct
• Lana McKissack (MISTRESS OF FLAME): An actor and YouTube vlogger
• Frank Todaro (STARSCREAM): Voice over actor with credits including video game franchise LittleBigPlanet
• Jason Marnocha (MEGATRON) Actor from Bat In the Sun’s popular YouTube series Super Power Beat Down
What we do find concerning, quite frankly, is the level of violence the story seems to be promising. We're definitely not against violence and death in a war story, because that would just be silly, but hopefully they're not just there to push the idea that the series is Serious Business for Mature Audiences. Still, there are a lot of things here that sound like they're working to improve on Combiner Wars,
so we're looking forward to giving it a shot in November!