Lately the're are not much deluxe figures to choose from but i've managed to get my hands on leader class megatron.
Megatron's vehicle appears to be a cybertronian jet with a blueish effect o it and grey as the primary color. I'm going to start off with the good sides of this mode.
1. lots of detail
2. unique design
Now for the bad points.
1. visible head
2. the two jet intakes pop off very easy
3. loads of kibble below the wings
4. annoying sound effect
So this mode is not the best jet mode I've seen but overall a good mode.
Transformation to robot:
1. push the jet nose in
2. pull the legs out from the knee and fold the legs into position which activates the automorph feature, it simply makes the feet and the knee armor fold into position
3. spin the tail 180 degrees to the left and pull the lower torso down
4. pull the shoulders out from underneath the middle of the jet
5. pull the panel down to reveal Megatron's head
6. pull the whole nose of the jet up to activate the seceond automorph, when you pull the nose up the jet wings fold in
7. now his third automorph release a catch on his chest and clear red pointy-things will fold up from his back and his chest armor positions correctly
8. lastly pull the jet intakes out and than pull the hands out
Here this is where Megatron really shines although he doesn't match up with his CGI counterpart. In this mode the only two complaints I have is that his head wo'nt move and his whip wo'nt pop out all the way although I have fixed that. His gimmick is a chain whip that when pulled out it will hop up and down by a lever, his second gimmick is that a peg is on his right arm and you shift the two arms together by connecting the peg into a slot on the right arm and slide the cannon over to the left side and pull a lever and two knife like things will pop out. Compared to the other leader class figure Optimus Prime, Prime is infact the better of the two considering the $40 price tag I find that he is a great addition to my collection.
|Reviewer||Jack Horton |
|Date||August 22nd 2007 |
|Score|| (9 out of 10) |
Back to Reviews Index