Transformers 4 - Chicago Official Production Dates and Locations on Aerial Filming Released
Thanks to TFLAMB who have posted the details from Paramount Pictures who will be filming aerial scenes for the upcoming motion picture “Transformers 4” in Chicago, Illinois. The letter says Michael Bay's production team will returning to Chicago to capture the same unique Chicago look and architecture that was shown in the 2010 "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" film. They have listed the dates and places aerial filming will occur. Check out the official letter below for the full details on where and when.
***PLEASE NOTE THE TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS***
August 19, 2013
Dear Building Owners, Merchants and Residents,
Paramount Pictures will be filming scenes for the upcoming motion picture “Transformers 4” in your neighborhood. We are excited to return to Chicago to capture the same unique Chicago look and remarkable architecture we found so cinematic in 2010. At Alderman Reilly’s request we are reaching out to the local community to communicate our filming activity.
Our production has a number of days for low-level helicopter work in the area. To ensure safety, low-level aerial filming requires temporary street closures to pedestrians and vehicles under the helicopter’s path of travel.
We are currently proposing the following aerial work:
Sunday, August 25th (07:00am – 09:00am) – CHICAGO RIVER / Columbus Dr to Franklin St
- The helicopter will be traveling east and west down the Chicago River from Columbus Dr to Franklin Street, and south on Franklin to Lake Street.
- Bridges at Wabash, State and Dearborn will be raised simultaneously and remain up for a majority of the filming time frame.
- Pedestrians and vehicles will be detoured around the raised bridges.
- Vehicle and pedestrian traffic on lowered bridges can expect 10-15 minute delays during filming. Vehicles and pedestrians will be held outside of the fly-zone ONLY during filming.
- The Chicago Riverwalk and adjacent plazas within the fly-zone will have intermittent pedestrian control.
- Boat traffic can expect 10-15 minute delays during filming between Columbus and Franklin Street bridges.
We are working closely with Alderman Reilly’s office, the Chicago Police Department, the Chicago Film Office and the Federal Aviation Administration to ensure a safe and cooperative filming event. Our goal is to make this a positive experience for everyone involved and we want to address your individual needs and concerns. Please call with any questions you may have. All business will open for normal hours and we will direct you to the closest detour if you choose not to wait. As always, we understand that we are guests in your neighborhood, and will conduct ourselves accordingly. Thank you for hosting us and we appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
Key Asst. Location Manager Key Assistant Location Manager Chicago Location Manager
We are dedicated to being to be the best resource for all your Transformers news and reviews every day. Keep your browser dialed to Tformers.com for updates as they happen.