High Moon Studios have updated their web site with some new details on the updates they have made to the Multiplayer aspects of the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video game. According to High Moon they have been watching how the weapons upgrades systems have been working and they have made a lot of tweaks to make for more weapons choices that work better in game.
We mainly focused on abilities and weapons with our first update, and we're happy with how those changes turned out. We've had enough time to gather data about the weapon and ability upgrades, and it was clear some changes could improve the parity in these choices. So, the focus in this update is to make the upgrade choices better balanced.
- Energon Recharger - There was more energon recharger camping going on than we would like. So, the duration of the effect has been cut and half, and speed of healing has been slightly reduced.
- Ultra-Power Core - Was 20% damage increase, now 30%. Perhaps this will be a more alluring counter to the recharger.
- Nucleon Charge Rifle – Although it does require considerable skill to use it well, this is actually the most powerful weapon in the game currently. So, we're going to try doubling the charge time.
- Deadeye - Cuts charge time in half instead of a third.
- Scatter Blaster - 10% increase in fire interval.
- Sonic Blast - Used to increase fire interval 25%, now only 15%. Combined with the base fire interval boost, its almost the same.
- Fireblast - Previous buff wasn't enough, so fire damage per shot is being increased again from 40 to 60.
- Shotgun Ion Cartridge - Used to be 4 extra shots per clip, now 6.
- Path Blaster
- Magma Dampener - Used to be a 60% reduction in cooldown, now only 35% reduction.
- Subsonic Repeater
- Hyper Interlink - Used to be 1.5x reload speed, now 2x.
- Cyber Optics - Used to be 35% less spread, now 25% less spread.
- Cloak Intercooler - Used to change refill time from 14 to 7 seconds , now only 14 to 10.
- EMP Grenade
- EMP Intercooler - Used to go from 15 to 10, now is 15 to 8.5.
- Neutron Assault Rifle - 10% boost to damage.
- Ion Cartridge - Instead of 14 extra bullets per clip, its now 20.
- Gear Shredder - Another small boost to homing, much smaller than last time.
- A4 Pulsar Cannon
- Ion Cartridge - Used to give 2 extra shots per, now gives 3.
- Riot Cannon
- Ion Cartridge - Used to give 3 extra shots, now gives 4.
- Thermo Rocket Cannon
- Hyper Interlink - Was 50% faster reload, now 35%
- Chaos-Rift Combuster
- Amplifier Pak - Used to give 6 extra shots, now 10
- Hover Slam
- Aerial Clamper - You now regenerate ability resource if you stop moving.
- Diffraction Barrier
- Ensnare - Used to last 3 seconds, now 2.
- Energon Harvester - Was 17 damage per pellet, now 15.
- X18 Scrapmaker - Increase spread 20 percent.
- Cyber Optics - Was 65% spread, now 75%.
- Ion Cartridge - was 50 extra bullets, now 100.
- Dropshot - Windup time further reduced.
- EDK Techvolt - Another small damage increase, 140 per second to 150.
- Ion Cartridge - was 30 extra ammo per clip, now 50.
- Corrosive Slime Cannon - 15% increase in goo radius.
- Corrosion Accelerant - This used to double the duration, now it 2.5x it.
- Sonic Blast - Used to be 66% increase in fire interval, now 33%.
- Flak Shield
- Brute Force - Was 50% damage taken, now 70% damage taken.
- Blastproff - 50% increase in health regenned.
Stay tuned to Tformers.com for more details as they are made available. Your best resource for all the Transformers news and community every day.