Transformers: Dark of the Moon Sentinel Trailer Details - SPOILERS!
By BaCon on Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Thanks to TFW member ElectricPrada09 who claims to be a movie theater worker who has seen the trailer already. They have posted an account that reveals the details of the trailer and many spoilers about what's going to be revealed for the Transformers Dart of the Moon movie coming this summer. Read over the details reported by ElectricPrada09 after the jump - WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!
I will try to list off what I saw in the best order I can.
- Trailer starts off with a up close shot of the moon with Earth in the background. I see what I can only guess is The Ark making a rough crash on the surface of the moon, followed by little bits of what we've seen with Neil Armstrong in the announcement trailer.
- Quick flash of a aerial view of a city around dusk. I'm guessing Chicago.
- What looks to be the same building the Autobots go to after their first mission at the beginning of ROTF. You see Optimus, Ironhide and someone else drive in. It then pans out and you see the rest of the Autobots drive in, the red Ferrari included.
- Next is a couple flashes of Sam and some government people. A lady telling Sam if he discusses what he's about to see that they will all lose their job.
- Then we see Optimus getting in the women's face basically saying along the lines "Since you humans have not told us anything about or pertaining to the moon and the contents on it, we are all screwed". Except of course what he says sounds way more badass and foreboding. Bumblebee and Ratchet are also there in bot mode.
- Then, the real stuff starts. We see a giant blue beam in the middle of what I'm assuming to be Chicago shoot up to the sky. It then shows the moon and the ships we've seen attacking Chicago plus the drone type Transformers coming out of the ground on the moon. Then they start running towards the "fish looking motherships", which are also on the moon. Followed by the drones phasing out of the blue beam that's in the city. So teleporting essentially. I'm guessing it's some sort of space bridge type device? Then they start creating chaos on Earth.
Then everything just gets fast and amazing.
- We see a 2 second clip of Shockwave. The same clip that is in picture form that was released today that's on the homepage. (Image -ED)
- Sergeant Epps basically telling Sam that they can't do this anymore.
- Sam holding a handgun pointing at someone saying "WHERE IS SHE?!" I'm assuming he's pointing it at a human and is asking about Carly.
- A little extended clip of the laserbeak scene. Just shows laserbeak basically doing a barrel roll then opening up his wings to start shooting at the white car.
- A bunch of invasion type scenes showing Chicago being attacked.
- Sam and Carly inside a phonebooth. Sam yells "Optimus". Almost exactly like he did in the ROTF forest scene. Then it shows the jetpack scene we all love (trailer -ED) of Optimus tearing through all the Decepticons.
- And my absolute favorite part of the trailer. We see Bumblebee come out of a drift around a corner, drives up a broken part of the street that is ramp like, transforms at the same time, launches himself in the air, puts both his feet on a side of a building like Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed, jumps off the building, does a kickass twist in the air and catches a human in each hand that I'm assuming is Sam and Carly. Absolutely amazing.
- Then we see Sam and Bumblebee up close to the camera and Sam is messing with Bumblebee's mouthpeice. Maybe his voice is back, I don't know.
- Optimus saying something noble while Sam and Agent Simmons are on what looks to be like a bridge. Simmons legs also seemed to be injured. He's in a wheelchair. (Details here -ED)
- Next and finally is the absolutely stunning shot of the giant tentacle transformer climbing up a skyscraper all the human charterers are in. Drilling all through it, then basically hugging it until it topples over while all the human characters are falling down the building while it's falling over in half. (Raw footage -ED)
- I did not see Starscream, Megatron, Sentinal Prime, Soundwave or The Wreckers. I assume Bay isn't letting everything out of the bag yet, which I think is smart. It seems this trailer was trying to focus on the whole invasion aspect of things first. Then show more footage of the Transformers themselves later.
- I'm sure there are still a few things I have missed out. I only got to watch it twice.
Also the music in the trailer was completely badass. I don't want to hear anyone saying it sounds like something else. Because it doesn't. It was really freaking cool. I will try to answer any and all questions if you guys have them.
If you don't believe me then that's fine. But you will see I was telling the truth is just a couple of days.
And remember, when you do finally watch it Thursday or Friday, do yourself a favor and bring a box a tissues and a change of pants.
You will be unprepared.
Get the scoop on all the Transformers updates as they happen right here at Tformers.com. The best resource for all your Transformers news and reviews every day.
Michael Bay will be getting a taste of his own medicine when the L.A. satire company 30 Minute Musicals takes on Michael Bay's summer blockbuster with "Trans4mers." The show that has just opened at the Hudson Backstage Theatre serves up a bevy of song and dance based on the movies fans both love and hate. The show features actors playing up the human and robot characters as well as the director of the three moves. Watch a clip from the show below.
This week on Radio Free Cybertron: MP-21 Bumblebee prototype revealed, thoughts around the new Transformers Age of Extinction teaser, Botcon 2014 Cannonball opinions, Q&A with Rob Springer, Comic News from Aimee Morgan, plus lots of inappropriate statements from Exvee and HeyMickey!
Thanks again to TheAgabyss who has posted an update on the many Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age releases we saw images of yesterday. The fans in Japan will be getting a lot of remakes to go with their Transformers Age of Extinction figures line. We now have more details from Twitter that breaks down the product number and figure name along with some notes that we've gathered to better describe what's what. Also, the update lets us know the bulk of the toys will be released on May 17 and June 21, 2014. Not May 3rd as originally posted.
The official Transformers facebook page have posted the official images we first saw at Toy Fair. Following the new Treaster Trailer #2, it seems proper to give another look at the Transformers Age of Extinction characters toys. See the official images of the voyager scale figures from the Transformers: Age of Extinction Generations line including Galvatron, Evasion Mode Optimus Prime, Hound and Grimlock that will be available in May 2014.
Following the Transformers Age of Extinction teaser trailer #2 release we have a new video by way of MTV that takes us behind the scenes of the movie. Watch the clip that shows a number of scenes being filmed along with short interviews with the stars including March Wahlber, Jack Raynor and Nicola Peltz who talk about working on the new movie.