Just out on the SNS is an image from the official Netflix Family Twitter page with word that the new Transformers Botbots cartoon will be rolling out on Friday, March 25, 2022. The image has since been taken down, but we've already got the press release from last year with many details on the production side of the 20-episode animated comedy series. See the leaked image below followed by the important bullet points about the show.
NOTE - As always, it is not official until Hasbro or Takara announces it. So take this as a rumor until we have the official word.
Transformers Botbots Series details from last years' press release:
• Netflix and Entertainment One (eOne), Hasbro’s entertainment studio, announce Transformers: BotBots, a new 20-episode animated comedy series following the mischievous little Transformers robots, otherwise known as BotBots.
• Kevin Burke and Chris “Doc” Wyatt (Spider-Man, Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy, Stretch Armstrong & the Flex Fighters) will serve as executive producers and showrunners.
• Logline: BotBots are Transformers robots that disguise themselves as everyday mall objects. By day, these BotBots hide quietly on store shelves but at night, they jump into adventure until a group of BotBots called ‘The Lost Bots’ run into the mall security guard and put all the bots in danger. Will these misfits be able to overcome their differences, defeat the security guard and gain acceptance in the eyes of the other bots?
• Olivier Dumont, eOne’s President of Family Brands: “We are delighted to partner with Netflix to bring an all-new Transformers story to life and explore a whole new universe with BotBots. Transformers storytelling has expanded into so many new avenues and we can’t wait to surprise both existing fans and new fans coming to the franchise for the first time with these fun bots who are definitely more than meets the eye!"
• The series takes inspiration from Hasbro’s popular Transformers: BotBots toy line, released in late 2018. BotBots are 1-inch collectible characters that can change from an ordinary object into a little robot in just 3-5 easy steps.
• The series joins Netflix’s growing slate of original animated programming featuring characters kids know and love like My Little Pony from Hasbro, as well as The Cuphead Show!, Sonic the Hedgehog, Angry Birds, and characters from the library of titles from Roald Dahl. They complement Netflix’s brand new cast of characters from upcoming preschool series Ridley Jones; Ada Twist, Scientist; Karma’s World, kids series Kid Cosmic, Arlo the Alligator Boy, Centaurworld and event series Maya and the Three.
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE