IDW PUBLISHING HONORED WITH 10 EISNER AWARD NOMINATIONS FOR 2016
San Diego, CA (April 20, 2016) – The 2016 Eisner Award nominations recognized IDW Publishing and its imprints, Top Shelf, The Library of American Comics, and Yoe! Books with a combined ten nods (nine nominations and one shared nomination) this year, with books being represented in multiple categories including Best Publication for Teens, Best Reality-Based Work, Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips, and more. Congressman John Lewis’ gripping first hand account of the Civil Rights movement, March: Book Two, and Jennifer Hayden’s intimate story about her own personal experience with breast cancer, The Story of My Tits are among the acclaimed titles represented in this year’s nominees. The prestigious award ceremony, held annually at San Diego Comic-Con International, honors exemplary work from the past year in comics.
"We're very proud of the literary achievements of March, The Story of My Tits, and Troy Little's adaptation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and grateful to the Eisners for the five nominations this year,” said Top Shelf Productions Editor-in-Chief Chris Staros. “This will go a long way in helping spread their educational and life-affirming messages to an even larger audience."
“We at the Library of American Comics want to express our thanks to the Eisner Award nominating committee for recognizing our efforts in KING OF THE COMICS and BEYOND MARS by giving us three nominations this year! It never gets old!” said The Library of American Comics Creative Director Dean Mullaney.
"Of course I'm very excited about this nomination for Walt Kelly's Fairy Tales, but I know that it's Pogo's papa, the brilliant Walt Kelly, who is ultimately getting the well deserved nod. I'm quite thrilled about that!" said Yoe! Books editor Craig Yoe.
IDW/Top Shelf’s 2016 Eisner Nominations:
• Best Publication for Teens: March: Book Two, by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell (Top Shelf/IDW)
• Best Reality-Based Work: March: Book Two, by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell (Top Shelf/IDW)
• The Story of My Tits, by Jennifer Hayden (Top Shelf/IDW)
• Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips: Beyond Mars, by Jack Williamson and Lee Elias, edited by Dean Mullaney (IDW/LOAC)
• Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books: Walt Kelly’s Fairy Tales, edited by Craig Yoe (IDW)
• Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team: Nate Powell, March: Book Two (Top Shelf/IDW)
• Best Lettering: Troy Little, Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Top Shelf/IDW)
• Best Comics-Related Book: King of the Comics: One Hundred Years of King Features Syndicate, edited by Dean Mullaney (IDW/LOAC)
• Best Publication Design: King of the Comics: One Hundred Years of King Features Syndicate, designed by Dean Mullaney (IDW/LOAC)
• Best Coloring (shared): Jordie Bellaire, Pretty Deadly, They’re Not Like Us, The Surface, Injection, The Autumnlands, Plutona, Zero (Image); The X-Files (IDW); The Massive (Dark Horse), Vision, Magneto (Marvel)
Voting has begun on the 2016 nominees for the Will Eisner Awards and you can register to vote here: https://www.eisnervote.com/
IDW is a fully integrated media company which includes publishing, games, entertainment, and the San Diego Comic Art Gallery. All divisions of IDW are owned by IDW Media Holdings, Inc. (IDWM) which provides a wide range of entertainment products worldwide.
IDW Publishing’s renowned line includes some of the most popular comic books, graphic novels, and trade paperbacks in the industry: Transformers, G.I. Joe, My Little Pony, Star Trek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The X-Files, Ghostbusters, multiple monthly Disney titles, and many more licensed titles. At the core of IDW is its commitment to creator-owned comics which includes notable and award-winning titles as varied as Locke & Key, Wormwood, Little Nemo in Slumberland, Ragnarök, V-Wars, and Archangel by bestselling sci-fi author William Gibson.
IDW Publishing is also home to the acclaimed imprints; Top Shelf, The Library of American Comics, Yoe! Books, and the award-winning IDW Artist’s Edition line.
IDW Entertainment currently serves as the worldwide distributor of Wynonna Earp airing on Syfy Channel in the U.S..and producing BBC America’s Dirk Gently, based the best seller by Douglas Adams starring Elijah Wood and Sam Barnett, and Brooklyn Animal Control for USA Network, starring Stephen Graham (Boardwalk Empire).